Division of Unemployment Insurance URL reading ( My Unemployment . NJ . Gov )

Overpayments & Refunds

woman looking thoughtfully at a computer

If you receive any Unemployment Insurance benefits to which you are not entitled, you will be required to return those benefits.

If benefits were paid to you in error, you will receive a notice stating the amount you were overpaid and why you were not entitled to the benefits. You have the right to appeal the determination by following the instructions on the bottom of the form.

How to make payments

You can make an electronic payment using our online system. This service accepts both credit card and e-check payments. Some service fees may apply. Individual and recurring payments are also available.

For more information about how to repay benefits, including the Treasury Offset Program, please see our our overpayments FAQ